Are you a public speaker or a fan of scrabble? Whichever person you are, you’ll know the importance and vitality of a strong vocabulary.
A public speaker has to be adept with whatever words he uses and this can only happen when he has a strong word stock. But amidst all the tasks that you have, how are you supposed to increase your stock of words?
The stock of words can increase by reading books, reading newspapers, watching the news on television, and trying to know the new words that you listen to. Unless you note them down along with the meanings, you won’t remember them when you want to use them later. Positive words usually have a great impact on your life and they help you add an optimistic attitude towards life.
Considering the large number of words that are there in the English language, it is never possible to make a list of all the words in the same list. This is why we have made a list of the words that start with U just as you’ll find all the other words in our other articles.
This is a list of words that start with U. Thanks to the prefixes ‘up’ and ‘un’ there are loads of positive words that begin with U. Keep reading to know more.
A list of positive words that start with U
Categorizing the words according to their parts of speech
We all know that positive words are one of the best ways of encouraging positivity among yourself and the people around you. When you make an intentional choice of using positive words, this can alter your outlook and allow you to make a positive impact on people with whom you interact.
This could be your parent, your boss, your teacher or your friend. Here is a compiled list of the words as per their parts of speech.
List of Positive Adjectives that start with U
- Meaning: Furthest or farthest; Last; ending a series or some process. Decisive, maximum, or conclusive.
- Example: The Prime Minister was the ultimate authority in this case.
- Meaning: Not limited by conditions, something that’s absolute.
- Example: There have been demands of an unconditional promise from him.
- Meaning: Not equaled, or surpassed, or matchless.
- Example: He had an unequaled record of victories in the match.
- Meaning: Not equivocal, clear, unambiguous. Having just one possible interpretation or meaning. Unqualified, absolute, not subject to conditions or exceptions.
- Example: The cosigner of a note gives unequivocal assurance that it will be paid on time.
- Meaning: Without error, not erring or not going astray or missing the mark.
- Example: The captain set an unerring course towards home.
- Meaning: Happy, cheerful, optimistic.
- Example: He loves to watch television drama with upbeat and predictable endings.
- Meaning: Upright, straightforward, honorable. Of a fine and vigorous type.
- Example: In front of his house are two upstanding
- Meaning: Being of use or service. Serving some advantageous, helpful, or good effect.
- Example: The experiments serve a highly useful.
List of Positive Nouns that start with U
- Meaning: A small, light, portable, or circular cover that protects you from sun or rain. Something that covers or safeguards from above.
- Example: She forgot to take her umbrella from the bus.
- Meaning: Mental process of someone who comprehends, personal interpretation, comprehension.
- Example: My understanding of this word doesn’t match with yours.
- Meaning: A style of dress or identifying outfit that is worn by members of any given profession, rank, or office.
- Example: The uniform of my school was my pride.
- Meaning: The quality of being not like anything else of its kind or being solitary in type.
- Example: To establish the uniqueness of this decomposition we proceed as follows.
- Meaning: A group of persons or things regarded as an entity.
- Example: They formed a cohesive unit.
- Meaning: An incline going towards the direction of movement.
- Example: The upgrade version of Android has the best features.
- Meaning: The upper side or part. The part of a chart or graph which shows a higher level.
- Example: The upside of the entire trip is that we can stay in Jamaica.
- Meaning: A perfect world where everyone is happy.
- Example: We have always been dreaming of a state of utopia.
List of Positive Verbs that start with U
- Meaning: To lay bare or disclose or reveal. To remove the cover or remove the hat from your head.
- Example: The government repeated its intention to uncover the truth.
- Meaning: To mark with a line or underline or underneath, as for emphasis.
- Example: The recent tragedy underscores the danger of disregarding safety rules.
- Meaning: To perceive the meaning of, comprehend, grasp the idea of.
- Example: I don’t understand what the cop wanted to say.
- Meaning: To combine, join or incorporate in order to form a single unit or whole.
- Example: The nations of western Europe decided to unite after the end of the treaty.
- Meaning: To undo the lock of a chest or door, particularly with a key.
- Example: She planned to unlock the store at 8.00 sharp this morning.
- Meaning: To remove a plug or stopper from. To free from obstruction or unclog.
- Example: Did you remember the pill that you took to unplug your clogged arteries?
- Meaning: To bring up to date by adding new information or make corrections.
- Example: We do not have enough infrastructure to update our computer software.
- Meaning: To lift up, elevate or raise. To improve culturally, socially, or morally.
- Example: We tried our best to uplift the downtrodden and deprived.