Are you someone who has to get ready for a speech or a word game within no time? Have you been investing your time and effort in learning new words and trying to use them in meaningful sentences? If yes, you’ve clicked on the right post as we will share with you a list of words that start with W.
W is often considered as the forgotten letter as we don’t see too many words with this alphabet. W is the fourth last letter of the alphabet and it is not that there are no positive words with this letter. Now what do you mean by positive words and why should we use them?
Well, positive words are those words with a positive meaning attached to them. Amidst all the negativity that we’re living in now, it is vital to maintain a positive mind so that we sail through all odds. Unless we know the positive words, how are we going to use them in sentences and motivate others around us?
There are pretty many worthwhile words that start with W like wealth, winner, and whimsical.
Since this is not among the most common letters, it can sometimes be tough to come up with too many positive words beginning with W. Nevertheless, we have tried to pull out as many words as we could to help you out. So, keep reading!
A list of positive words that start with W
Categorizing the words according to their parts of speech
Now that you have got the list of the positive words that start with W, don’t you think you should know how to categorize them according to their parts of speech?
When you take the step to include positivity in your words and in your life, you can also change the mindset that you have towards things?
Additionally, it helps in making a great impression on others, whether your boss or your teacher or parents. Check out each section as they’re divided into their parts of speech.
Positive Adjectives that start with W
- Meaning: Having or giving out a moderate degree of heat, as is perceived by senses. Of a moderately high temperature, characterized by high temperature.
- Example: When you travel in warm weather, you should carry light clothes.
- Meaning: In good health, sound in mind and body. Satisfactory, pleasing, or good enough.
- Example: Are you well enough to conduct this meeting?
- Meaning: Conducive to general or moral well-being, beneficial, salutary. Conducive to bodily health, salubrious and healthful.
- Example: She gave us wholesome food to eat for dinner.
- Meaning: Consenting, disposed of, or inclined. Cheerfully consenting or ready.
- Example: She’s always willing to go along with me no matter where I take her.
- Meaning: Innocently or sweetly charming, engaging or winning.
- Example: She had a winsome smile that flickered back with its sly message.
- Meaning: Having great or adequate merit, value, or character. Of commendable excellence or merit, deserving.
- Example: The British considered him a worthy .
Positive Verbs that start with W
- Meaning: To refrain from insisting or claiming on. Give up, Forgo. In terms of law, to relinquish purposefully. To postpone, put aside for the time-being or dispense with.
- Example: He learned to waive formalities in order to maintain a cordial relation.
- Meaning: To move gently and freely back and forth or up and down by the action of air current. To curve alternately in opposite directions or have an undulating form.
- Example: The flag waved proudly on Independence Day.
- Meaning: To greet the arrival of a person with kindly courtesy or pleasure. To receive or accept with pleasure, regard as good or pleasant.
- Example: This was a welcome change in the boring society.
- Meaning: To finish first in a race or the like or a contest. To succeed by striving or effort.
- Example: It took her a huge win to regain her confidence.
- Meaning: To stand or hold out against, oppose or resist, especially successfully.
- Example: She failed to withstand the invaders with the little bit of courage she had.
- Meaning: To gain an enthusiastic response from, out of thrill. As an expression, wow means you are impressed or amazed or sometimes surprised.
- Example: After 17 years, the singer still continues to wow the audience.
Positive Nouns that start with W
- Meaning: A great quantity or store of money, property, valuable possessions, or other riches. An abundance or profusion of anything or plentiful amount.
- Example: What is wealth good for, if it brings melancholy?
- Meaning: The desire to do something. A common phrase is, “Where there’s a will, there’s away.”
- Example: Where there is a will, there is a way (or skill).
- Meaning: The quality or state of being wise, knowledge of what is true or right that is coupled with action. Discernment, sagacity, or insight.
- Example: An ounce of luck is better than a pound of wisdom.
- Meaning: A desire, usually a strong one, usually for something you can’t make happen on your own, but focused on the positive aspects. An act or instance of wishing.
- Example: I was never forgiven for disregarding the wish of my father.
- Meaning: A person having or noted for such expression or perception. Understanding, sagacity, intelligence, or astuteness.
- Example: He is a deadly combination of wit and kindness.
- Meaning: Something surprising and strange. A cause of surprise, astonishment, or admiration.
- Example: The building is a piece of wonder.
Therefore, if you’ve been able to find out the right positive words which start with W, you should start using them as soon as possible. Use them while speaking so as to motivate yourself and the people with whom you converse.